Welcome to the Dallas-Love Crew Base of Southwest Virtual! Feel free to take a look around and see what we are all about!
Crew Base Management
Born in Lubbock, Texas, Brighton is a high school student near Amarillo Texas. He plays high school varsity tennis, been apart of the virtual skies and scopes for about 5 years, and spends his weekends rooting on his Texas Tech Red Raiders! Wreck 'Em Tech!
The Dallas Crew Base is looking for an Assistant Crew Base Manager!
September 18, 2012
The Dallas Crew Base is currently looking for an assistant crew base manager (ACBM). The successful candidate will have these minimum requirements as outlined in the SWVA SOP:
- Meet the pilot requirements.
- CBMs/CBAMs will be selected and reviewed by the senior management at SWV. CBAMs will be first selected by a CBM for review.
- Be in good standing with SWV and have at least 250hrs filed.
- VATSIM and company equipment knowledge required.
- Must fully participate in our forums to answer questions and deal with issues that might occur.
- Web page design knowledge recommended.
The preferred candidate should meet/comply with the following, but is not required:
- VATSIM experience is a must, connections within the past 6 months is a plus.
- Basic HTML knowledge is a plus.
- Real-world experience in teaching, managing, flight, air traffic control etc. is a huge plus.
- Experience with the SWVA ACARS system is a plus.
- Be a member of the Dallas active roster, OR be willing to transfer from another crew base’s active roster to the Dallas Crew Base. Dallas pilots will be given first consideration for the position. (required)
- Be a graduate of Texas Tech University, or have a strong dislike for UT, Texas A&M, OU, OSU, and any other Big 12 schools that pose a threat to a Texas Tech National Championship in Football. *evil face* :P
The basic duties the ACBM can expect at Dallas on a daily/weekly basis:
- Approve PIREPS in a timely fashion (every 1-3 days)
- Issue Pilot Promotions, and post the promotion in the crew base forum. (weekly)
- Answer emails and questions that pilots may have (weekly)
- Maintain a strong online presence on the website, forum, teamspeak, VATSIM, and email. (daily, if possible)
- Be able to answer questions and fly with new pilots on or off the VATSIM network. (weekly)
- Other duties, as assigned by the CBM, VP, and CEO.
- Meets/complies with all the above.
- Reports to the Dallas CBM, VP Flight Ops, and CEO.
- Acts as the CBM in the absence of the CBM.
- Serves at the request of the CBM (with approval of CEO and VP), and may be removed from the position at the discretion of the CBM, VP, or CEO.
- Meets all minimum flight requirements as outlined in the SWVA SOP.
All interested applicants should send an email, with resume, and why you are interested in the position, to email@example.com with the subject line: “Dallas ACBM Application”.
I would like to personally thank Younes for his time as ACBM at Dallas. He has done a fantastic job, but real life has captured yet another, and Younes has chosen to go on LOA a take some time off. Your hard work is greatly appreciated, Younes!